Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 2: Comments on AR Project to Britni Hendrickson


Image created using Wordle.net by Kathy Valunas
@Britni Hendrickson-

Britni said: I keep thinking about how I am going to wrap up my final AR project into one nice neat little package (hence the above picture). For my Free Choice Post, I just wanted to discuss a little bit about publishing versus presentation of my final project. I keep going back and forth with it. I am very much a people person and want people to see my excitement and passion for the project that I have chosen yet my presentation opportunities seem to be very limited due to where I live.  I also really like the idea of creating a total package and submitting it to a publishing company! Time wise I feel like I have the time to do the writeup and submit my publication to a journal (or two). Sometimes I feel like, who would really want to see the research that I have done? But then I saw a commercial with Michelle Obama and her active role in building a healthier society, and realize that if nothing else, this an issue that needs to be addressed!

To tell you the truth, I know for sure I will be bouncing ideas off of my classmates, and my husband whom all have supported me through this entire process.

I do have a couple questions about the Final WriteUp/Presentation.
1- Is there a rubric or a guidline that I could go off of when piecing together all my work?
2- Is there a site that could possibly show me a few examples of past work from graduates?
3- What do the majority of EMDT majors choose?d
Posted by BNHendrickson at 3:57 PM

My comments:

Britni- I think you have made the same statement that many of us are feeling with our AR projects. It is hard to know which format to choose that will make the greatest impact for the most people. To help me, and anyone else, I spent time rereading section 6 in our AR textbook that we downloaded at the beginning of our program. Dr. Bedard, in the 11th month AR video, strongly encouraged reading that information for more guidelines so that might be useful as a checklist or rubric to make sense of what is required. I also did a Google search for EMDT presentations versus publishing and got at least a dozen different matches to look at. There are videos on YouTube and some links to published projects. Hope this helps and hang in there as you finish up all of your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment