Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mac - Week 4: My Think Out Loud - Part 3

Arghhhhhh...... technology is so awesome when it is working without any glitches! My Publishing/Leadership project is going ok but getting it uploaded to my iDisk was terrible. One day my mobile me account works without any errors and the next, it wiggles with that stupid message "your ID or password are incorrect"! So after several hours of dealing with tech support from Apple, it is working again. I ended up creating a slide show presentation using Keynote even though I normally use PowerPoint. Tried Prezi but it was not going to give me the option of speaker notes so back to Keynote. I was a bit disappointed in that not too many of my classmates were creating presentations; most opted for a publication for their papers. But I love presenting so this is my preference. Managed to keep the slide count down to 15 so that is pretty good. I saw Curt's Keynote slides and his choice for the Zen presentation was such a great idea. Though it was tricky to whittle down the amount of text, I did manage to keep it simpler than usual. Well still have a few slides to complete with details so back to work. Laters loyal followers!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain with MobileMe. I have had a few issues this year (iWeb & Mobile me, and our textbook downloads) but the tech support has been tremendous! It wasn't always a short process, but worth the time. I usually got pushed up to the highest level of support; i guess this was a good thing-ha? I too was disappointed that not may people did presentations, since I am a visual person. I did decide to use Prezi and made speaker notes in Google Docs. I will most likely make changes to both before the presentation, but so far it was fun to assemble. My notes will probably change depending on the crowd of people. If they are a chatty bunch, there will probably be stories added where if they are a quiet group I will probably stick to the facts. Hopefully they will have a positive response and want to have fun while in the session! Good luck on the rest of your presentation-I'm sure it will be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete