Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mac - Week 2: Extra... Extra... read all about it! (aka Think Out Loud #1)


AR Project Title: Empowering Teachers through Online Professional Learning Communities

For my extra blog post this week I am also looking at my AR project options. Completing the project Website is simple enough but when it comes to choosing a format for sharing this work with others, I am still torn as to the direction I will take. Writing a paper for a scholarly journal would be ok but that venue has its limitations as does a conference presentation. Both of these options will only reach those who choose to read the journal or publication where my research will be published, or its limited to the conference or meeting attendees. While there are quite a few conferences where I could present this research, this project was originally intended for an online, distance education setting for professional development. I have so much to share, and like Ben Zander, a lot of passion and excitement to excite others. My ultimate desire would be to “package the work” in a nice neat, Website where lots of people could benefit from this profession learning community project. Since the whole idea was to build a Website where the training and resources could be available for any school district I am now wondering… why not take it to that level and get it published online. I believe I have enough experience in Web design and am familiar enough with all of the tools and techniques so if possible, that would be my first choice. With that being said, I will now reread section 6 in “You & Your Action Research Project” as suggested by Dr. Bedard and look at what others have done to get a better idea if my idea will work. I googled EMDT AR presentations versus publishing and got a number of matches to further investigate so I am off to do my “homework”. Any comments or feedback from others will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. So... I'm guessing that this is one of your "think out loud" blog entries for the Publishing/Leadership project? It is a great example of the process, but i'd definitely recommending adding "thinking outloud" to the blog entry title. :-)

    ReplyDelete